Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ida's Project Goals - September

This post was inspired by MaryAnne at mama smiles. Her goals are meaningful and admirable!
Mine? Well, here, they are project goals, but I am motivated to make goals similar to MaryAnne's for my family!

1. Photo/art display - This is for BG. I have been working on this project for over a month! Actually, I completed one that I did not like at all so, started over. I've really only bought the materials and haven't started yet.

2. Travel games - We have a wedding this month that will require us traveling a long distance by car. LM will need some entertainment and although we have a DVD player, I'd prefer if he didn't watch for 9 hours!

3. Wedding card box - Yes, another one. My SIL is marrying in early October and I am making the card box. I'd like to get that done by the end of September.

4. Hair band - BG is the flower girl in my SIL's wedding and again, I need to get that finished.

5. Refinish BG's dresser - The dresser I have been using in her room was purchased on Craigslist for $50. I don't like the color, it is more cheaply made than I originally thought, it doesn't have drawer slides and half the knobs are missing. Why am I bothering then? It has character. It has tons of potential! I am definitely painting it, adding new knobs and I want to try to add some type of drawer slides.

6. Start priming and painting our basement/laundry room - I have started to organize the basement last month because the floor paint is peeling and I am finding it throughout the house. It is driving me crazy. Well, of course, I'm not painting the floor before I organize and then paint the walls. I have the organizing under control so, my goal for the month is to get the walls primed and start some painting. Oh, and putting up peg board on one wall.

Whew! Can I do it? I sure hope so. If I can get LM and BG to nap at the same time at least 4 out of 7 days a week I may have a chance!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up, and what great goals! It sounds like September will be a very busy month, and like you will have some exciting projects to share on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, MaryAnne, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete